Sunday Night Sittings, 2nd & 4th Sundays of each month, 6:30pm
For fall 2022, we are trialing alternating in-person and online gatherings. See homepage for most up to date schedule & locations: http://mindfulnessvancouver.org/ . In general:
- 2nd Sunday of each month: In person at Pháp Hoa temple, 6:30 – 8:30pm (two hours).
- 4th Sunday of each month: Virtual via Zoom, 6:30 – 8:00pm (90 minutes)
- Alternate Five Mindfulness Trainings recitation between 2nd & 4th Sundays, so that we will offer it both in person and online once a month.
We practice mindfulness and Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Zen Buddhist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh. We are peer-facilitated and volunteer run, without a formal teacher or leader. Any cancellations will be announced on the home page of this website, as well as on our email listserve, our Meetup group, and our Facebook page. Generally, one may expect some combination of:
- Mindful Movements
- Sitting Meditation
- Walking Meditation
- Tea Meditation
- Dharma Sharing
- Gathas (Poems)
- Engaged Buddhism
- Five Mindfulness Trainings
- Fourteen Mindfulness Trainings (Order of Interbeing)
- Dana (Generosity)
Click here for more mindfulness practice resources.
Beginners and newcomers are welcome. We aspire to be inclusive, and invite you to join us regardless of age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender identity! Deep listening and mindful speech are key elements of our practice. We operate on a drop-in, optional-donation basis, and we strive to be accessible for all.
Being Mindful About the Use of Scents: Please practice kindness for those with sensitivities to scented products by refraining from wearing perfumes and similar scented products when practicing with MPC.
Virtual Sessions are held over Zoom. See our home page for details: http://mindfulnessvancouver.org/
COVID safety measures for the in person events:
- Properly Fitting Masks required for the full duration of the event.
- Self-monitoring: Please do not come if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetite
- Runny nose
- Extreme fatigue or tiredness
- Body aches
- Nausea or vomiting
- No drinking or eating indoors.
- Limit to max 10 people.
- RSVP’s required in advance via Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/Mindfulness-Practice-Community-of-Vancouver/
- All in person events are subject to cancellation or conversion to online virtual events. Please check our website by around 10am the morning of the scheduled event for updates.
Location: Phap Hoa Temple, 3730 Boundary Rd., Burnaby
We are grateful for Phap Hoa Vietnamese Buddhist Temple for offering space for our sangha to practice. Phap Hoa Temple is on Boundary Road, very close to 22nd Avenue, and there are buses on both 22nd and Boundary. The Nanaimo Skytrain station is not too far away. Enter through the one of the small yellow gates next to the main gate, please remove your shoes and leave them on the front porch, and knock on the front door.