Sunday Night Sittings, 2nd & 4th Sundays of each month, 6:30pm
We are alternating in-person and online gatherings. See homepage for most up to date schedule & locations: http://mindfulnessvancouver.org/ . In general:
- 2nd Sunday of each month: Virtual via Zoom, 6:30 – 8:00pm (90 minutes). Zoom links will be posted on our homepage.
- 4th Sunday of each month: In person, 6:30 – 8:30pm (two hours)
- Alternate Five Mindfulness Trainings recitation between 2nd & 4th Sundays, so that we will offer it both in person and online once a month.
We practice mindfulness and Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Zen Buddhist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh. We are peer-facilitated and volunteer run, without a formal teacher or leader. Any cancellations will be announced on the home page of this website, as well as on our email listserve, our Meetup group, and our Facebook page. Generally, one may expect some combination of:
- Mindful Movements
- Sitting Meditation
- Walking Meditation
- Tea Meditation
- Dharma Sharing
- Gathas (Poems)
- Engaged Buddhism
- Five Mindfulness Trainings
- Fourteen Mindfulness Trainings (Order of Interbeing)
- Dana (Generosity)
Click here for more mindfulness practice resources.
Beginners and newcomers are welcome. We aspire to be inclusive, and invite you to join us regardless of age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender identity! Deep listening and mindful speech are key elements of our practice. We operate on a drop-in, optional-donation basis, and we strive to be accessible for all.
IN PERSON GATHERING DETAILS: REACH COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTRE
Beginning September 2023, our in person gatherings will be at the REACH Community Health Centre in East Vancouver. The sangha is very grateful to the REACH Community Health Center for hosting us, and we invite all members of the REACH community (clients, staff, neighbors) to join us!
- Fourth Sunday of each month, 6:30 – 8:30pm
- Address: 1145 Commercial Drive, Vancouver BC V5L 3X3.
- Please arrive no later than 6:35pm, so that we can let you in the building on time. The building will be locked and not accessible for those arriving late.
- To Bring: Your own cushion, mat, blanket, pillow, or other materials to make your meditation as comfortable as possible. Chairs will be supplied, but we will not have cushions or mats available.
- Masking will be optional. All COVID precautions will follow current BC public health guidelines.
- Being Mindful About the Use of Scents: Please practice kindness for those with sensitivities to scented products by refraining from wearing perfumes and similar scented products when practicing with MPC.
- Practicing Generosity: We will share any donations (optional) received 50/50 with REACH Centre.